WHAT IS IT?
Kybella is one of the best (and newest) facial slimming injectables on the market. If stubborn chin fat or even bra fat bothers you, Kybella may be the answer.
Submental fullness (double chin) can occur due to genetics, weight gain or as part of the aging process.
- Under the chin
- Bra line
HOW IT WORKS
Kybella is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment to reduce fat under the chin. It’s made of a synthetic deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
When it is injected into fat, it works by destroying the cell membrane to release the fat. The body then flushes the fat out of the treated area and skin retraction occurs.
RESULTS & RECOVERY
Results will accumulate over the period of time required to complete the treatments needed for the desired look. However, once achieved, results are permanent.
There is some swelling that goes along with the treatment, however, it’s completely manageable. You will notice the swelling for a few days up to a week.
Things to know
- The best candidate is someone who is less than 50 years of age and has good skin elasticity.
- The amount of product needed depends on the amount of fat under the chin — it will vary according to the patient.
- Kybella requires multiple injections to the site with a tiny needle. The injection process takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Typically, 3-4 treatment sessions are required, 4-8 weeks apart.
- Once the fat is destroyed, it will not come back into the treated area again, so it lasts a lifetime.
FACTS ABOUT KYBELLA
- Treatment is tailored to the amount of fat under the chin. 59% of patients received 6 treatments spaced at least a month apart in clinical studies (mykybella.com) before desired results were achieved.
- 67% people surveyed say they are bothered by fat beneath their chin (American Society for Dermatologic Surgery).
- More than 1,600 people were treated in over 20 clinical studies by a global clinical development program (Kybella FAQs).
During Patient Appreciation Week, Haley demonstrates Kybella injections on a first-time Kybella patient to treat cellulite around the bra area.