WHAT IS IT?
The chin provides balance to the face. If it is weak due to genetics or aging, or if an extreme overbite causes disproportions, the entire face can suffer aesthetically.
Adding the dermal filler to the projection of the chin can nicely augment and balance the face without surgery. By adding length and projection to the chin, dermal fillers can create a chin implant type of look.
Flat lips, asymmetric lips, thin lips, badly injected lips, gummy smile, whatever it is, it can be fixed and improved. Just adding a little filler for hydration or volume can make a huge difference and improve facial balance.
HOW IT WORKS
Fillers replenish the collagen layer of the skin. Injections are placed at the subdermal-dermal levels of the skin’s surface and have an immediate affect on its volume.
Here is where the art of injection is important: it matters where fillers are placed to achieve a natural look. Each filler has its own personality, meaning your injector should choose a certain filler based on how your skin and face are aging.
RESULTS & RECOVERY
Results are immediate and can last anywhere between 6-12 months.
Depending on the number of areas being treated, dermal fillers take between 10-20 minutes to administer. Down time of filler injections consists of swelling and possible bruising. Down time can last up to 2 weeks, but normally resolves within a few days. Ice and antihistamines can help speed up this process.
Avoid strenuous activity and make-up application for 24 hours after injection.
Things to know
- Fillers can be used as part of a complete facial rejuvenation approach with other anti-aging treatments like Botox, laser treatments, Latisse and quality skincare products.
- There have been cases where fillers have been inadvertently placed in a blood vessel, which can cause major problems like skin death or even blindness. This is why it is vital to know who is injecting your dermal filler. “If injecting dermal filler is not what someone does on a daily basis, walk away,” Haley says. “You don’t want more than you need. You don’t want filler to change the shape of your face, and you don’t want duck lips.”
- Knowing how to treat a complication is absolutely, without question, the most important aspect of injecting. “Not only do we know how to avoid this complication, but we guide other providers on how to properly treat complications when it occurs,” Haley says.
FACTS ABOUT FILLERS
- All dermal fillers that are hyaluronic acid can be reversed, so if you don’t like the results, it can be lessened.
- Like with Botox, the needles are tiny, and injections come with minimal discomfort.
- People who have a history of severe allergic reactions to lidocaine or hyaluronic acid (HA) should not use dermal fillers.
CHIN AUGMENTATION DEMONSTRATION
In this video, Haley does a follow up injection of Voluma for Elizabeth, who has been treated already. (If you have trouble hearing the audio, mouse over the video and click on the sound bar icon on the right bottom side of the video to raise the sound of the volume.)
LIP AUGMENTATION DEMONSTRATION
In this video, Haley talks about the art of lip injections. It has everything to do with product and technique. Watch as Haley demonstrates with Juvéderm Ultra Plus and discusses different product options.
LIP AUGMENTATION DEMONSTRATION
Haley demonstrates Volbella on a patient and discusses how she assesses patients’ needs based on how your skin and face are aging.